SCA Head Coach
Singapore Cricket Association, the governing body of Cricket in Singapore, seeks an experienced, full-time Head Coach to provide a stable structure to the national set up and devise the requisite player pathway from Youth to Senior level.
- Overall in-charge of coaching all Teams (Senior Men’s, Women’s and Youths of all age groups)
- The Head Coach will have personal responsibility for preparing players for all national tournaments. He will supervise and accompany the teams on Cricket tours.
- Build & head a Vertical Coaching Structure at the SCA
- The Head coach shall build a formal coaching plan and structure to streamline coaching activities at SCA. He shall work on the Technical, Physical and Mental aspects of players. Assistant, auxiliary and junior coaches shall work under the head coach in roles as specified by the Head Coach.
- Oversee coaching activities
- Build a strict timetable and rigor for Coaching. Ensure regular participation by players at coaching activities. Formulate strategies that would encourage greater player participation.
- Be a Senior Consultant for SCA's head of National Youth Cricket Development & General Cricket Development
- The Head Coach shall formulate initiatives to increase participation, quality and interest in cricket in Singapore. He shall be involved at the grassroots level, including schools. He shall also lend his time and expertise to the following:
- Local Clubs/individuals who may periodically contract SCA for the head coach's cricketing expertise
- Formulating and deploying a School program for local schools to garner interest
- Assist SCA in adopting cricket structures.
Skills and Experience
- Must have played a decent level of cricket at First Class, State/County/Country level.
- Coaching experience in different countries will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with Youth cricket development will be an advantage.
- A strong grounding in the technical, physical and mental aspect of coaching
- An inspirational leader who can instill self-belief, confidence and discipline in players.
- Hard working and dedicated with a willingness to go the extra mile.
Tenure & Benefits
- This would be a 12-month contract initially with an option to extend for a further period as may be mutually agreeable.
- An attractive remuneration, commensurate with experience and skills will be paid to the right individual.
- Interested applicants please send in your resume by 9 Sep 2016.
- Application by email to firstname.lastname@example.org is encouraged.
- Please indicate in the subject: Application for Head Coach.
- Alternatively, applicants can send their applications in a sealed envelope addressed to :
Application for Head Coach
Singapore Cricket Association
31 Stadium Crescent
- Applicants are to provide all relevant information including expected salary.